Vehicle Maintenance is the most important ingredient for a happy journey and a long life of your vehicle. A well maintained car would never desert you when you need it the most.
Today’s automobiles can accumulate a lot of mileage with very little evidence of wear and tear, making it easy for vehicle owners to avoid looking under the hood while their vehicle is running well. But preventive maintenance can be a valuable investment, increasing fuel efficiency and saving the expense of emergency repair service and the inconvenience of a breakdown. Preventive maintenance is all about; looking, checking, and replacing automotive components before they fail.
GPS Hawk devices assists you by providing timely notifications for servicing your vehicle. You can get a monthly vehicle performance report, fuel consumption report, harsh breaking – acceleration report and driver performance report to judge your overall vehicle’s performance.
Some other tips
- Get your vehicle serviced only at authorized service stations
- Always use genuine spare parts.
- Give your vehicle anti-rust coating before the monsoons.
- Check the engine oil level once every two weeks. Also check the levels of coolant and water in the radiator and battery.
- Drive at a moderate speed of 45-55 km/h to maximize fuel efficiency
- Avoid accelerating and braking abruptly.
- Shut up the engine whenever you expect to wait.
- Avoid riding on the clutch pedal, and release the clutch pedal fully while driving.
- Use air-conditioning only when necessary.
- Maintain proper air pressure in your tire to improve mileage.